About Me

My name is Ashley Wheeler. I'm a junior at the University of South Alabama majoring in elementary education. I can't wait until graduate and start teaching. A lot of people tell me that teaching will not make me a lot of money, and I tell them that I'm not in it for the money that I love kids and I love helping them. I would love knowing that I've made a difference in their lives. Growing up I used to "play school". My mom would always tell me that I would make a great teacher one day. It is truly my passion!
I live in Mobile, Alabama. I am 23 years old, currently not married, but I do have a two year old daughter named Kaitlyn. I am very close to my family. My favorite holiday is Christmas. I love eating spaghetti! I do not currently have any pets, but I would love to one day have a dog.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Class Jobs

I am observing a 3rd grade teacher a O'Rourke Elementary right now and she gives her students class jobs. Some of the jobs she gives her students are line leader, hall monitor, etc. The students love the jobs. At the end of every week she draws their names out of a fish bowls and they get to choose their jobs for the next week. I think this is a great idea. This is defiantly something I will do in my classes, depending on the grade level of course.

No comments: